Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sleeping Habits


We thought that it was strange, when we adopted Shelby that she didn't sleep with us at night. She would come up onto the bed & let us pet her for a few minutes each & then she would either sleep under the bed or sleep in the hallway, right outside our room. Here we are, in this huge king size bed, with soft sheets & a down comforter that is perfect for snuggling under & she doesn't want anything to do with it! So when Lily joined our family, we thought it was wiser to put away the dry-clean only down comforter & buy a cheap, machine-washable comforter, since little puppies often have accidents. The same day that I changed the comforter, was the same night that Shelby decided to come up & sleep with us all night long! I figured she just didn't like the down, which I would expect a cat to LOVE!

Lily likes the new comforter also! She's not picky, she will lie down just about anywhere. But her favorite place to snooze is on my lap or curled in, under my chin.




I am not sure how much Shelby likes Lily being in such close proximity to her! I mean, they are in a king sized bed after all. It's not like they have a TON of room. They are practically breathing the same air. Maybe Shelby is afraid that she will get doggie germs!

I guess they decided to take an afternoon
"catnap" together, after all! Aren't they cute, when Shelby isn't running around, terrorizing poor Lily?

No comments: