Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It's Raining Cats & Dogs!




Okay, it's not REALLY raining cats & dogs. It's not even raining at all. It's a little on the chilly side today, but Spring is just around the corner. The weather forecast is predicting temperatures in the 50s next week! All I can say is, "Thank God!"
Anyways, I digress. Don't worry. You will get used to this happening. I tend to get sidetracked really easily. Then I always ask my husband, "What was I talking about?" And he always tells me, if he remembers himself. I guess the Blonde Moments are contagious!
So at the end of last year, we adopted Shelby from our local humane society. She is a beautiful & sweet 2 year old cat. She is very laid back & extremely good with my 2 toddler boys, who can be a little rowdy & rambunctious at times.
Then, a week and a half ago, we bought a puppy. Normally, I am against purchasing a dog, when there are so many in shelters all across America. But I wanted a smaller dog or puppy. And unfortunately, they seemed to have all larger dogs or cute puppies that were going to grow into large dogs. The local shelter did have one small dog, but it specified on the website "No small children". Well, with 2 toddlers, that little pup just wasn't going to work out for us. So one Friday evening, we went to the mall to go to the pet store. And I fell in love with a little West Highland White Terrier. We named her Lily (as in Lily of the Valley, because she is small & sweet--just like the flower). She is very sweet. Karl suggested naming her "Kitty Toy", which I actually LOVED but I didn't want to confuse the cat, by calling the dog "Kitty".
So now Shelby & Lily have become fast friends & playmates. But they both know that Shelby could take her, if she chose!
I might be the only human girl in the family, but it's kinda nice to add a little more estrogen to the household!
If you are interested in adopting an animal, please visit your local shelter or visit www.hsus.org or www.petfinder.com to find a shelter near you.

No comments: