Sunday, July 1, 2007

What have we been up to?

Well, it has definately been a very busy couple of weeks for our family. I realized that I haven't posted anything new since June 15th, but I promise I have a good reason!

On June 16th, my husband, Karl, had a heart attack. We were sitting at home, watching a soccer game on tv & just having a very leisure Saturday afternoon, when Karl told me that he didn't feel well. "What does that mean?" I asked him. "Well, I have this pain in my chest," he says. I said "Let's go to the ER." But stubborn Karl said, "No, let me just lie down & rest for a little bit & see if it goes away." But then even-more-stubborn Megan (and you will probably never hear me refer to myself as stubborn again!) said "Okay, how about if we go to urgent care instead?" Luckily, Karl agreed to this. Once we got to urgent care, we weren't there very long before he was rushed to the hospital. He had a couple of stents put in that evening. On Monday afternoon, he was released from the hospital. However, he will still be needing bypass surgery later in the month.

Then a week and a half later, I started back to school. I am taking online courses to obtain a Criminal Justice degree. I will have my associates degree in 18 months & my bachelors degree in 3 years.

I will be posting pictures soon of what else we have been up to, so check back soon!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good for you for making him go in. My dad had 6 bypass surgery and thought he just was a bit sick. I liked seeing your pictures of your boys. I have three little boys and one big boy. :) I too used to be a competitive athlete, but in swimming. I too am trying to lose pound - 25 to be exact. Nice to meet you. I have just begun the journey, but it looks like you are doing very well and you are well on your way. Congratulations.