Friday, June 1, 2007

1st Year Wedding Anniversary!

We celebrated our first year wedding anniversary on Monday, May 28, 2007. There are no pictures of me ~ since I am the photographer, after all, but here is a cute one of Karl & the boys, after he opened my presents to him. Dalton told me that Karl wanted a racecar shirt. I told him it was a sweet idea, but that Karl didn't watch racing. He insisted that he would LOVE the shirt. I'll keep it in mind for our 2nd year anniversary.



FYI: Karl gave me a beautiful necklace & 2 pairs of earrings, that were fabulous! He has awesome taste! Afterall, he did pick me to marry! And since the first year anniversary is traditionally celebrated by giving something paper... I got Karl a book on Hiking in Indiana (something we have been talking about doing for a while) & I also bought a beautiful frame & printed off a sheet with our wedding vows on them, which we had written ourselves.


Karl & Megan’s Wedding Vows
May 28, 2006

I vow to encourage you in your personal growth

I vow to laugh with you, cry with you & have fun with you

I vow to be an equal partner in the building of our family

When times are tough, I vow to try to think about the positive qualities that brought us together

I vow to trust you & show you that you can trust me

I vow to continue learning about you & growing with you

I vow to be honest and communicate my feelings, even when it’s hard to do

I vow to make time to listen to your feelings

I vow to be a comfort and safe haven in your life

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hiking in Indiana - sounds fun. We are going to tackle two fourteeners (hikes that go to 14,000 feet in Colorado this summer - I will probably just do one and hubby will do two. I will shop and read while he does the second.) We also have a big one planned in Utah. We are flying to Indiana this weekend for a family reunion. My hubby's dad is a native.